In this solo episode, I talk about my absolute FAVORITE topic. WordPress! This one is inspired by a Twitter post.. someone was asking if any of ‘us’ were experiencing people moving away from WordPress. Of course, that's anecdotal right? But it’s a great springboard into talking about why continuing to use, and build sites with WordPress or moving to WordPress is still a GREAT decision.
I talk a lot about it’s flexibility. How it can be used as a framework instead of a single, block solution. From headless CMS set ups to FSE themes to classic. We cover all the bases. On top of that, I share real world experiences and projects to drive home my perspective. A client moving from a non-WP to a WordPress site, non-WordPress agencies getting into the WP game.. blended builds (eg, WP, WooCommerce with a dash of Angular) ..
Buckle up! And get ready to become a fan. Enjoy!
THE MEAT OF IT!
- Intro – Talking about WordPress today! Matt’s favorite topic.
- Why this topic today?
- Why people post things online.. anecdotal evidence.
- Will WordPress level out? Max out? Fluctuate..?
- Competition ..
- Sharing some WP experiences from the trenches.
- For me.. it’s doing great.
- Why I attract so much WordPress ..
- The potential and flexibility of WordPress today.
- The evolution ..
- Using it as a framework.
- 55k+ plugins .. you can do almost anything.
- Staying out of the ‘What If…’ conversations.
- Anti-block faction .. understanding that.
- Does it matter? No.. it’s flexible. Do what you want!
- If it checks the boxes.. GREAT!
- If we keep getting clients and maintaining WP Sites…
- Clients are happy.
- Clients moving to WordPress
- We’re moving a large, non-WP eCommerce store to WP.
- Non-WP Agencies.. expanding into WordPress offerings.
- Should an agency ignore 40% of the market (the percentage WP commands right now).
- We delivered an FSE theme to a new client.
- They love it.. makes it so much easier to edit things.
- Everything has it’s positives and negatives.
- We learn the negatives by DOING.
- Couple more ways you can ‘build WordPress’
- ACF – Advanced Custom Fields
- The True Power of WordPress
- Front-end WordPress
- Members area is Angular
- If your reason is anti-WordPress because of blocks, THIS is why it’s a moot point.
- Maintenance – the role it does play.
- How we landed on our maintenance packages..
- Our flavors of maintenance ..
- Reading Content online..
- Same stuff as years ago.. everything is dying.
- Click bait
- Matt Mullenweg's decision to embrace blocks
- Was it the right one?
- Having a visionary that see’s past what people are used to.
- WordPress is challenging – from a dev perspective.
- Why? And why is that fun for me!
- Should someone MOVE to WordPress??
- What is the #1 reason to use WordPress imo?
Check out these related Episodes:
- Episode 73: How the Unified Email Capture WordPress Plugin was Built & Launched.. the Process!
- Episode 69: Danielle Zarcaro Check-In – What’s New with the Biz, WordPress & Offering Site Audits!
- Episode 54: Ryan Lawrence: WordPress Full-site Editing, the Impact on Existing or Future Client Sites & Projects