In this episode, I talk about generating ideas and brainstorming. This is something I take very seriously in my own business. It's a never-ending process… and often ideas simmer for long periods so I can develop them. When they are ready, they may see the light.
I touch on a recent idea that is just now seeing the light of day. It's something that started to gel around a year ago. I thought of a name for a product, bought the domain, have thought about the sales page, how I'll market it and who my audience is; I didn't start developing the product until this past week.
THE MEAT OF IT!
- Confession – I love coming up with new ideas for products and services.
- It's a critical part of my business.
- But these ideas have to lead to ‘taking action'.
- Brainstorming.. not today. Always.
- Let your ideas simmer on the stove.
- Jot them down in your favorite note-taking tool.
- Use mind-mapping software if you are visual
- Google Docs, Notion..
- My newest idea .. is not new.
- Hanging out at Namecheap.
- Product name and domain before you do anything.
- Sales copy .. in your brain before you do anything.
- What's the hook?
- Who's your market?
- Why are they going to buy from you?
- What's the promotion look like… BEFORE you even have a product.
- Walking the dog, taking a shower.. thinking about that idea.
- Days, months.. seasons. Years.
- Circling back after forgetting about it for a while.
- Dumping an idea.. keeping an idea.
- Good idea?
- Does it still fit?
- How will it tie into what I'm already doing…
- Oh.. maybe I should create the product now?
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE BELOW!