Today we are joined by Irina Poddubnaia. Irina is a SAAS founder and a business consultant who specializes in Operations and Processes Optimization. She has over 8 years of experience in eCommerce with its different challenges and obstacles, from running a fulfillment center in China where she was living for over 2 years to launching her own software TrackMage.
We, of course, start by talking about her journey as an entrepreneur. Why did she go to China to do business? What lessons did she learn from her experience and how did that, years later, influence what she does today? Who helped her on the tech and programming side?
She has an amazing solution for eCommerce stores for customers to track their orders. Heavily focused on the fulfillment side of things one of its core features is capturing traffic that many businesses give away to other large companies. Instead, keep that traffic, capture it, provide more offers and increase sales!
We also have some fun talking about what it’s like developing software, testing software.. and what a mess Facebook is. haha.. Fun conversation. Enjoy the episode!!
Irina is a SAAS founder and a business consultant who specializes in Operations and Processes Optimization. Irina has over 8 years of experience in eCommerce with its different challenges and obstacles, from running a fulfilment center in China where she was living for over 2 years to launching her own software TrackMage.
TrackMage allows eCommerce stores to have 5-10% extra sales by simplifying the customer experience. It allows them to track their products on the platform and do the upsell then automatic follow-ups for reviews.
THE MEAT OF IT!
- Why did she decided to open up a business in China!
- Not speaking Chinese..the language barrier.
- Husband a software developer vs her skills.. sales, communication.
- Own warehouse/fulfillment center
- Automation process
- The issues the faced and what made them decide to close the business.
- Started a new business..new company – TrackMage.com
- TrackMage – handling everything from fulfillment to customer review (entire post purchase experience)
- Brought all the previous knowledge into a system that can serve other businesses/entrepreneurs.
- Delivery Tracking
- Importance of mental health – crucial.
- Creating a business you enjoy doing.
- Why tracking?
- Turning a problem into a solution..
- Businesses don’t realize the opportunities in post-purchase experience..
- All Missed opportunities and traffic.
- SENDING that traffic to your SITE.
- The importance of leveraging customer reviews..
- Example of how her tool has helped a company gain control of their delivery issues.
- Her software validated emails!
- Focusing on fulfillment side of things.. drop-shipping & wholesalers.
- Solving problems before customers know there’s a problem.
- Functionality and visibility.
- Future ..
- Working on internal analytics, conversions.
- How they are developing/developed the software.
- Patience in development.. quality.
- Implementing testing
- The more complicated and intricate.. the more testing is needed.
- Preventing the loss of customers.. them discovering the bugs.
- Talking website launches .. problems.
- Chat about social media companies, Facebook issues.
Check out these related Episodes:
- Episode 98: Per Sjofors – “The Price Whisperer” on How to Increase & Defend Prices, Doing Pricing Research & More!
- Episode 97: Bob Hunter – You Got a Business Loan.. The Right Way to Spend it On Staffing. Hiring Offshore.
- Episode 93: Kristi Spencer – Learn About Etiquette Related to Teams, Customer Service, Clients & More!