Doland White is back with another great conversation around building teams. If you're running a business or agency for any length of time, you may find yourself in a position where you need to consider how you might grow or scale your team. But what does that mean? What is the difference between scaling and growing your agency or business? What is elasticity ad how does that play a role?
He starts by defining the 3 dimensions of a team.. From there we both share stories, he extracts lessons from them.. and we benefit from his decades of experience building teams. 100% worth a listen if building teams is a thing for you and your business!
Doland started his career in Los Angeles selling scanners as a commission-only sales representative.
For over 30 years, he has dedicated himself to influencing and building extraordinary teams, helping businesses grow by hundreds of millions of dollars, and living the best possible example of executive leadership.
He has been blessed to work with great organizations and amazing people throughout his career. Today, Doland is blessed to serve as the Chief Operating Officer for Brave Thinking Institute.
Currently, he lives in Torrance, California with his wife Linda, surrounded by his amazing family and lifelong friends.
If you would want to connect with him on LinkedIn, be sure to tell him you listened to this podcast (so that he knows it is not a random connection invite.)
- Episode 11: A Conversation with Doland White
- Episode 28: Doland White on Team Building: Elasticity, Growth & Scaling
- Episode 65: Doland White (Sadie Hawkins Episode) – Interviews Matt about HIS Business!
- Episode 100. “Doland White – Role of a COO, Finding Balance, Bob Proctor’s Influence & Making Music w/ Dave!
THE MEAT OF IT!
- Touch base from previous episode
- Getting started with the topic.. Growth & Scaling Up Teams in Business
- In any business, Teams mean everything!
- 3 Dimensions of a Team
- How they operate together
- How they interact and operate with clients
- How the team interacts with their leaders/managers
- The understanding of the ‘WHY' in your business
- Questions you need to ask yourself as a businessowner
- Steps you need to consider before hiring
- My thoughts about this and my agency
- New client..hired a new developer
- Coming stage for me and my agency as we grow
- Pencil and Paper Exercise
- It's not to do less..but to do more..
- Collaboration in order for you to scale YOU
- Administrivia off your plate..
- Avoiding mismatch
- Been there..Done that moment
- Caught up in the heat of the moment..
- “I GOTTA” syndrome
- Unqualified decisions in staffing
- My vision for the people in my agency
- Your attachments…
- Elasticity and Growth
- What's the outcome? Why this person?..
- Being careful not to disrupt things..
- Scaling vs Growth in Business
- Thinking in a client's perspective
- One time thing..Recurring..How often..
- The one dollar bet..
- Define Overflow..
- Human Asset is the biggest cost..
- “Arrows in your quiver”
- The value of partnership..
- Hard line in business..
- Strengthen relationship
- How I got our Shopify project
- My developer turned designer..
- Trusting my people..
- Valid growth..
- Contract and Relationship
- From Landing page to an entire Website
- Leading a team..
- Willingness to trust
- Let people try..
- Difference between Leaders and Managers
- Listen and Identify what skills your team has
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE BELOW!